How to Get on the People’s Court

How to Get on the People’s Court: A Step-by-Step Guide


The People’s Court is a highly popular and long-running television show that offers individuals a platform to resolve their legal disputes in front of a live studio audience. Millions of viewers tune in daily to witness the drama unfold as real people present their cases before Judge Marilyn Milian. If you too have a compelling legal matter and aspire to appear on this iconic show, this step-by-step guide will walk you through the process of getting on the People’s Court.

Step 1: Understand the Show

Before embarking on this journey, it is crucial to familiarize yourself with the show’s format, rules, and requirements. The People’s Court primarily handles civil cases involving disputes between individuals or small businesses. It is important to note that the show does not handle criminal cases or those involving family law matters, such as divorces or child custody battles.

Step 2: Determine Eligibility

To be considered for the People’s Court, you must meet certain eligibility criteria. Firstly, you must be at least 18 years old and a legal resident of the United States. Your dispute must be genuine and unresolved, without any pending legal action. Additionally, you must be willing to share your story on national television, as the show’s producers may require you to appear on-air.

Step 3: Submitting Your Case

To initiate the process, you need to submit an application to the show’s producers. The application form can be found on the People’s Court official website. It requires you to provide detailed information about your case, including the nature of the dispute, the opposing party’s information, and any supporting evidence you may have. It is crucial to be concise and factual while explaining your situation, as this will help the producers evaluate the merits of your case.

See also  What Is a 1063 Police Code

Step 4: Await the Decision

After submitting your application, the show’s producers will review it to determine whether your case is suitable for their program. This evaluation process may take some time, so it is essential to be patient. The producers receive a high volume of applications daily, and not all cases can be featured on the show. If your case is chosen, you will be contacted by a member of the production team for further discussions and potential scheduling.


Q1: How long does it take to hear back from the People’s Court?

A1: The review process can vary, but typically, it may take several weeks to hear back from the show’s producers. Due to the large number of submissions they receive, it is advisable to be patient and refrain from making multiple inquiries.

Q2: Will I receive any compensation for appearing on the show?

A2: While participating on the People’s Court can be a thrilling experience, it is essential to note that the show does not provide any financial compensation to its participants. However, they do cover the cost of travel and accommodation for those required to appear in-studio.

Q3: Can I bring an attorney to the show?

A3: Yes, you have the right to bring legal representation to the People’s Court. However, it is important to consider that the show is known for its quick and simplified resolution process, and the presence of an attorney may not be necessary for all cases.

Q4: What happens if I win my case on the People’s Court?

See also  How Is Coulomb’s Law Different to Newton’s

A4: If you win your case on the People’s Court, the judgment is legally binding, and the losing party is required to pay the awarded amount. The show ensures that necessary arrangements are made for the successful enforcement of the judgment.


Getting on the People’s Court can be an exciting opportunity to have your dispute heard on national television and potentially receive a fair resolution. By following the steps outlined in this guide and understanding the show’s requirements, you can increase your chances of being selected. Remember, patience is key throughout this process, and even if your case is not chosen, there are alternative legal avenues available to seek redress for your grievances. Good luck!